In this week’s episode of Building the Base, Hondo and Lauren join Schuyler Moore to discuss the future of the defense industrial network.
Schuyler’s impressive and varied background across the public and private sectors has given her a powerful perspective regarding the defense industrial base. Her experiences in Afghanistan led her to understand the importance of national security. This, combined with her acumen for technology, is what led her to be the first Chief Technology Officer at CENTCOM. She emphasizes the importance of bringing together end-users in operations and the innovators in tech to find solutions to problems in the field. She advocates for a mission-focus to attract up-and-coming talent in the tech workforce and integrating tech from non-traditional commercial sectors.
Hondo, Lauren, and Schuyler go on to discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Defense industrial base
- Comparing problem-solving in operations and tech
- Maintaining relationships between private and public sector
- Defense acquisition in tech
- Tech talent workforce development
- Integrating tech from non-traditional commercial sectors