In this week’s episode of Building the Base, Hondo and Lauren join Suzette Kent to discuss the future of the defense industrial network.
Kent’s impressive background across the public and private sectors has given her the unique ability to understand a wide range of perspectives, spanning a variety of industries. During her time as Federal CIO, she witnessed the rapid change of pace the government experienced to tackle the problems brought about by COVID-19. Kent emphasizes the importance of the public and private sectors meeting where their needs and motivations overlap in order to tackle the technology problems of tomorrow.
Hondo, Lauren, and Suzette go on to discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Digital competitiveness and digitization
- Acquisition reforms
- The White House’s Cybersecurity Strategy
- Pitching products versus ideas
- Remote work and the cybersecurity environment
- Cross-pollination between the public and private sectors