James Cross is the Founder of Silicon Valley Defense Group a non-profit focused on National Security and Innovation. As Co-Head of Private Investing for Franklin Equity Group and Managing Director of Franklin Venture Partners he specializes in investsing in private opportunities with mid- and late-stage companies that the firm believes are poised for transformative impacts across multiple industries.
SVDG seeks to align and connect the people, capital, and ideas that will ensure the U.S. and its allies achieve a durable advantage in the global techno-security competition.
They are working to create the nexus of pioneering ideas, people, and capital that will unlock new sources of innovation for national security and power the digital evolution of the defense industrial base.
Discussion Topics :
- The Origin of SVDG and Bridge Between Silicon Valley & DC
- VC investment Fund Framework, Definitions and Descriptions
- Policy Makers Mistaken Views on Defense and NatSec
- Focuses on the Defense Ecosystem Globally not just in Northern California
- Venture Backed Tech Ecosystems Across the Country
- Future Talent, Future Mission, Future Threats